Create relevant and interesting content for the Flyers fan base and Triangle community at large. Present the Flyers team and organization in a positive light while maintaining journalistic integrity. Freedom to experiment with various forms and styles of written media.
While this Media Internship spans a variety of topics, the goal is twofold. The ideal internship has these two circles overlapping as much as possible.
- Work on projects that contribute real value to Raleigh Flyers
- Get an experience that is educational, enjoyable, and a potential career stepping stone.
To apply, email Casey Degnan (CaseyDegnan@gmail.com) with a cover letter, your resume, a writing sample, and two references. This position will be filled on a rolling basis, so act quickly if you’re interested!
One or more written media features per week. Topics will vary; Flyers news coverage, stories about Flyers in our community, etc.
- Mediums include Flyers website, social media channels, and earned media outlets
- Assignments by Media Manager
Home game coverage:
- Ownership over one or more live media channels (e.g. Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter)
- Written post-game feature for immediate release online.
- Player interviews are encouraged; gather quotes, gain player perspectives, etc.
- Assist Media Manager with various media projects
- Opportunity to gain experience with non-written media
- Strong writing skills and ability to adapt writing style
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Team-focused mentality, cooperative
- Well-developed knowledge of ultimate
- Knowledge of Triangle or North Carolina ultimate scene and AUDL a plus
- During Flyers regular season, March – July
- Weekly writing assignments with deadlines
- Desk and computer available at Raleigh Flyers HQ
- Meetings: 1-2 hours per week for coordination with Media Team
- Weekend commitments: home game coverage, eight games
- Compensation commensurate with experience; stipend delivered at completion of internship